I have yet to try this recipe but it looked good and I wanted to keep it for later to use. I love chicken Liver Pate and bacon so this seemed perfect.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 kg chicken livers
- add 4 cloves garlic
- add 10 ml lemon juice
- add 4 sprigs thyme
- add 250 g button mushrooms
- add 120 ml double cream
- add 250 g back bacon
- add 4 sprigs parsley
- add 120 ml dry sherry
- add 125 g butter
- add 2 small onions
- Melt the butter in a large pan.
- Add the bacon, garlic and onion and cook gently for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken livers and cook for 5 minutes.
- Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the herbs and mushrooms.
- Add the sherry and cook until the liquid has evaporated.
- Cool, then work in an electric blender until smooth.
- Stir in the cream and lemon juice.
- Spoon into a greased ovenproof dish.
- Cover with a lid and stand in a roasting pan, containing water to a depth of 2½cm.
- Bake in a preheated cool oven 150°C, 300°F, Gas Mark 2 for 2 to 2½ hours until cooked through.
- Allow to cool.
- Cover and chill until required.