These are truly awesome and a cinch to make. Having enough on hand may be a problem cause people eat a lot of them.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 cup packed dark brown sugar (spread out on a tray and allowed to dry for 1-2 hours before using)
- add 1 tablespoon chili seasoning mix
- add 40-50 breadsticks (grissini)
- add 2 lbs bacon (very thinly sliced)
- After the brown sugar has air-dried a bit, add the chili seasoning and mix with fingers to blend well.
- Take a bacon rasher and dip it into the sugar, pressing sugar in lightly on both sides.
- Wrap, barber-pole style around a breadstick and place on a greased (I use olive oil) baking pan or cookie sheet.
- Repeat with as many bacon rashers as you have left.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Roast until bacon is cooked and you can see sugar has caramelized- make sure it's cooked and not burnt- about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and CAREFULLY pick up breadstick and place on a large platter to harden (the breadsticks will be soft at this point but will harden as they cool).
- This must be done immediately, otherwise the caramelized sugar will set and it will be impossible to get your breadsticks out of the pan.