i take this to our christmas party at work every year, it's expected, and it disappears very fast. no worries about the bacon, it cooks quickly and creates a wonderful sauce w/the brown sugar. and you can prepare it the night before and just plug the crockpot in a few hours before you need to serve it.
- cut strips in bacon into 1/3's.
- wrap 1/3 cut bacon strips around each lil' smokie and secure with a toothpick.
- place one layer of bacon wrapped smokies in bottom of crockpot.
- cover completely with brown sugar.
- repeat with layer of bacon wrapped smokies.
- repeat layering until you finish w/a layer of brown sugar.
- cook in crock pot approximately.
- 3-4 hours.