The ultimate decadent corn on the cob ? based on a recipe from Paula Deen, of course. :) The flavor the bacon gives the corn is outstanding! Prep time includes soaking.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- Carefully expose the corn kernels by pulling back the husk, but do NOT remove the husk.
- Remove the corn silk (you can use a soft brush to ensure that all the silk is removed).
- Put water in a large container, add the corn, and soak the corn in the husks for 30 minutes this will help prevent the husks from charring on the grill.
- Preheat your grill to medium temperature.
- Remove the soaked corn from the water and pat dry.
- Wrap strips of bacon around the corn kernels on each ear, then fold the husks back over the bacon and kernels.
- Tie the husks down with butcher string; repeat with all ears of corn.
- Grill over medium coals/heat, turning occasionally, for about 15 to 20 minutes and the bacon is cooked and the corn is tender.
- Cut the butcher string away from the husks and serve.
- Note:you can make these earlier in the day if you store them in a container in the fridge, wrapped in moistened towels.