Servs: 6 Prep: Cook:
I came across this recipe last year and it was quite a hit at a small cocktail party. WARNING: if you don't love garlic you will not like this recipe :)
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add I large round of brie cheese
- add 1 clove garlic
- add Olive oil
- add 1 small jar of sun dried tomatoes
- add 1/4 cup of pinenuts
- add Fresh Rosemary
- add Fresh Basil
- Cut off the top part of the garlic clove. Place it on foil in a small dish and cover (not drown) with olive oil. Then sprinkle the garlic with some fresh sprigs of rosemary. Bake the garlic in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes. Once you notice that the garlic clove has opened up, it is done.
- Squeeze the clove to make the pieces of garlic slide out of the shell. Mash these little pieces as much as possible.
- Spread the mashed up mess of garlic on top of the brie round in a greased pan. Then place a generous amount of sun dried tomatoes on top of the garlic.
- Bake the brie in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes. When the brie becomes soft, it is done.
- Place the pine nuts and a bit of basil on the soft cheese and congrats! You have made an amazing appetizer!
- Serve with crackers or bread.