This is a yummy recipe that my sister and I came up with one day. It is a little time consuming, but the end product is SO-O good! Make some rice and beans, fresh chips and salsa and you might feel like you've created your own little mexican cafe!!
- add flour tortillas (large, burrito style)
- add 3-4 chopped green onions
- add 1 beef bouillon cube
- add 1/4-1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- add 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- add butter (real butter works best. If you use margarine the chimichangas will not get crispy)
- add 2-3 garlic cloves
- add enchilada sauce
- add 1 (2-3 lb) pork roast
- add chopped cilantro leaves
- add 1 small yellow onion
- add 3-4 tablespoons diced canned green chilies
- add cilantro
- Salt and pepper and Brown roast on all sides and place it, plus the next 4 ingredients in a large crockpot.Pour in water until about half covered.Cook on low several hours or all day until the meat is very tender.
- Take pork only out and shred.Put in large bowl and mix with the next 5 ingredients.Add enchilada sauce until moist, but not too saucy.
- Place a heaping spoonful on each tortilla and roll up.Place seam side down on a baking sheet.Melt butter and brush each tortilla being sure to cover all surface.Place in refrigerator or in a cool place until butter cools and is dry.Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-40 minute or until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve on a bed of shredded lettuce with additional toppings of shredded cheese, sliced olives, diced tomatoes, sour cream and guacamole.
- *This can make quite a few chimichangas.I have frozen them with great results though!