This version of my favorite Chinese appetizer is baked instead of fried, making them lower in fat. They are absolutely delicious! I don't really like crab, but I devour these.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 (48 count) package wonton skins
- add 16 ounces pacakges neufchatel cheese, softened (low fat cream cheese)
- add 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat
- add 1 garlic clove
- add 1/4-1/2 cup melted butter
- add 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- add 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- add 4-5 green onions
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients except wonton skins and butter.
- Mix until well blended.
- Place 1 teaspoon filling in center of each wonton skin.
- Moisten edges with water.
- Fold in half to form triangle, pressing edges to seal.
- Pull bottom corners down and overlap slight; moisten one corner and press to seal. (Usually there is a diagram on the wonton package. I think they look like little kerchiefs.).
- Arrange on baking sheet that has been coated with vegetable spray.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Bake in 425º oven for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with desired sauce.
- NOTE: I like hoisin or plum sauce and sweet and sour -- even jalapeno pepper jelly!
- NOTE: These can also be fried, if prefer.