Warm Brie topped with cranberry sauce and toasted almonds is hidden in a soft, flaky cream cheese pastry. It's magically easy to make!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add Pastry Ingredients:
- add 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- add 1/4 cup LAND O LAKES? Ultra Creamy? Butter, softened
- add 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- add Filling Ingredients:
- add 1 (8-ounce) 4 1/4-inch diameter round Brie cheese
- add 3 tablespoons cranberry orange sauce**
- add 3 tablespoons chopped almonds, toasted
- add Topping Ingredients:
- add 1 egg
- add 1 teaspoon water
- add Dippers Ingredients:
- add Apple or pear slices
- add Crackers
- Combine flour, butter and cream cheese in large bowl. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until mixture leaves sides of bowl and forms a dough. Divide dough in half; wrap in plastic food wrap. Refrigerate until firm (1 hour).
- Heat oven to 400?F. Roll each half of dough on lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut 8-inch circle from each half (save dough scraps for decoration). Place 1 circle onto ungreased baking sheet. Place Brie on center of pastry circle. Spread cranberry sauce over top of cheese; sprinkle with toasted almonds. Top with other pastry circle. Pinch edges of pastry to seal. Flute edges as desired. Decorate top with small pastry cut-outs.
- Beat egg with water in small bowl; brush top and sides of pastry. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from baking sheet immediately. Let stand 30 minutes to allow cheese to set. Cut into small wedges. Serve with apple slices and crackers.
- *Substitue 1/4 cup Butter.
- **Substitute 3 tablespoons whole berry cranberry sauce.
- TIP: Do not remove outer rind of Brie cheese. It is acceptable to eat and keeps the cheese contained inside pastry.