I make fish quite a lot at my house, this is a great breading mixture, if you don't want to fry in oil. The fish comes out so moist and delicious, watch carefully, don't overcook! Use meaty fillets of fish for this if possible.
- add 1/4 cup butter
- add 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- add 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or more) (optional)
- add 1-2 lb fish fillets, of your choice (I like perch fillets)
- add 1-2 tablespoon paprika
- add 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- add 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (or to taste, I use seasoned salt for this!)
- add 2 teaspoons dried basil
- Set oven to 500 degrees.
- Grease a shallow baking dish (enough to hold all fish without overcrowding).
- In a shallow bowl, combine first 7 ingredients.
- Brush fish fillets with melted butter, then dip into crumb mixture.
- Place in a greased baking pan.
- Bake uncovered at 500 degrees for 10 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.