This wonderful and easy recipe was developed by my partner, Wesley Dean Ramsey.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add honey
- add round wood toothpicks
- add maraschino cherries (without stems)
- add 1 can pineapple slices
- add brown sugar
- add pineapple juice (from above can)
- add 1 (15 lb) whole smoked ham
- With a knife, score the fat on the top part of the ham to form diamonds or squares.
- Be careful to only score the fat & not the meat.Place in a foil lined roasting pan & seal tightly with foil.
- Place in a roasting pan& Bake in a preheated 325 degrees oven 15 minutes per pound At 1 hour prior to the completion of the baking time, remove from oven.
- 1 hour prior to the completion of the baking time, remove from oven.In a bowl, add pineapple juice & 1 cup honey & ½ cup brown sugar.Blend together & brush over the ham.
- Place pineapple slices on ham & with a wooden toothpick attach the maraschino cherry in the center of each pineapple ring.
- Cover the ham lightly (like a tent) with foil & return the ham to the oven & bake for the final 1 hour, basting every 15 minutes.
- Secure the cherries with the toothpicks Return the ham to the oven& bake for the final 1 hour.