Sweet, Smokey and Spicy! Go ahead and leave the seeds in if you enjoy the heat.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 1 (10 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- add 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- add 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- add 1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger
- add 1 cup packed brown sugar
- add 1-2 chipotle chile in adobo
- add 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- add 5-7 lbs smoked ham
- Mixcornstarch with a little cold water to dissolve.
- Place all ingredients except for ham in a blender and blend smooth, in a small saucepan over medium heat bring to a boil them simmer till thickened.
- Preheat oven to 375 ° F.
- Place ham, cut end down, in a large baking pan and score skin.
- Bake ham for 15 minutes.
- Brush glaze over ham and bake for another hour or until internal temperature reads 140 °F.
- Baste half way through baking.