Servs: 3 Prep: Cook:
I spent some time in KC a number of years ago and always enjoyed the 'cheesy corn'. This is my version.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 sweet onion finely diced
- add 1 green onion thinly sliced
- add 2 Tbs butter
- add 1 Clove garlic minced
- add 2 tsp Wondra flour
- add 1-2 Tbs real bacon pieces
- add 1/3 to 1/2 Cup canned milk
- add 2 oz each cream cheese and cheddar, small dice
- add 1 Can drained Niblets corn (16 oz)
- add dash red pepper (cayenne)
- add dash paprika
- add salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350
- Heat butter in saucepan, add onions and cook on low 2-3 mins. Add flour, seasonings, stir and cook 1 min. Add milk and garlic, stir and cook another minute. Add cream cheese, bacon pieces, Cheddar and corn. Stir and cook until cheese starts to melt.
- Tranfer to pam sprayed oven casserole dish. Top with a bit of paprika. Bake until hot and bubbly about 20 mins.