I have not made this but thought it looked interesting (for those of us that like pears that is). It is from our local TV guide from a column called the Chopping Block by Philomena Corradeno
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- add 1 teaspoon lemons, zest of
- add 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- add 1/2 cup brown sugar
- add 2 tablespoons butter
- add 1/4 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans or almonds)
- add 1 cup biscuit mix
- add 1 (15 ounce) can pears in light syrup
- Drain and chop the pears, 1/2" chunks, reserve 1 cup of syrup.
- Toss together the nuts, cinnamon, pears& biscuit mix.
- Place this mixture in a shallow baking dish.
- in a saucepan combine the pear syrup, brown sugar& butter.
- Heat to boiling, add lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Pour over the pears in the baking dish.
- Bake in 375F oven for 30 minutes serve warm.