This recipe is from The Delforge Place Bed & Breakfast in Fredericksburg, Texas. Use the best ripe pears you can find! Great for Christmas morning or anytime you want to do something special for your friends and family.
- add 4 ripe bartlett pears
- add 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- add 6 tablespoons butter
- add 3/4 cup oats
- add 1 1/2 cups apple juice (2-6 oz. cans)
- add 3/4 cup brown sugar
- add 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Core pears but do not peel.
- Place in greased 9" square pan.
- Combine oats, sugar, spices and butter until crumbly.
- Stuff pears letting excess fall into pan.
- Pour 3/4 cup apple juice into pan.
- Bake at 350 dgress for one hour, basting after 30 minutes.Add more juice if necessary.
- Cool 30 minutes before serving.