Can you say COMFORT FOOD! :) Adapted from BHG Biggest Book of Italian Recipes
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 8 ounces dry penne pasta
- add 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- add 1/4 cup sliced pitted ripe olives
- add 1/2 cup chopped onions
- add 1/4 cup dry red wine or tomato juice
- add 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- add 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- add 1 lb lean ground beef
- add 1/3 cup tomato paste
- add 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- add 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 375°FCook pasta according to package directions. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, combine undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, wine or tomato juice, dried oregano, pepper and crushed red pepper. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion until meat is brown. Drain off fat. Stir tomato mixture into meat mixture in skillet. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in cooked pasta, and olives.
- Divide the pasta mixture among six 10 to 12 ounce individual casseroles. Bake, covered, for 15 minutes. (Or spoon all of the pasta mixture into a 2-quart casserole. Bake, covered to 30 minutes). Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, about 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted.