this is a great kid pleaser and a nice healthy meal my husband can throw together when I am at work. I use Barilla Marinara sauce and frozen ravioli when I am in a hurry. My next attempt will be with fresh marinara and crab stuffed ravioli! MMMmmmm
- add 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- add 2 lbs store bought cheese ravioli (any kind!)
- add 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme or oregano
- add 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- add 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- add 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- add 2 tablespoons oil
- add coarse salt
- add pepper
- add 2 cloves garlic
- preheat oven to 425* heat oil in saucepan over medium high heat add and cook onion and garlic season with salt and pepper and cook until onions are softened add thyme and tomatoes bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer it breaking up the tomatoes reduce sauce until it is about 5 cups (20-25 minutes) cook ravioli in a pot of boiling water just until they float, drain toss sauce and ravioli together in a casserole dish top with cheeses bake 20-25 minutes** no time to make the sauce use a jarred sauce of marinara or your favorite sauce!
- and you can also use frozen ravioli instead of fresh!