Delicious side dish from Canadian Living mag.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- add 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese or asiago cheese (optional)
- add 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- add 2 cloves garlic
- add 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley
- add 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- add 6 large plum tomatoes
- Cut each tomato lengthwise into 6 wedges.
- In bowl, toss tomato wedges with half of each of the oil, salt and pepper.
- Arrange tomatoes, cut side up in 13x9 inch glass baking dish, roast in 400f degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile in bowl, combine bread crumbs, garlic, parsley and remaining oil, salt and pepper.
- Remove tomatoes from oven, sprinkle with bread crumb mixture.
- Roast until bread crumb mixture is golden, about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese, if using and return to oven for another 5 minutes, until cheese melts.