These are great when you have an overabundance of tomatoes from your garden (they all seem to ripen at once!) Best if large beefsteak type tomatoes are used. Recipe can be doubled or even tripled.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- add 1 teaspoon dried basil
- add 2 teaspoons minced onions
- add 2 large tomatoes
- add 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- add 1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- add 1 teaspoon dill weed
- add salt and pepper
- Remove stem ends from tomatoes without cutting flesh.
- Cut tomatoes in half horizontially.
- Set cut side up in a shallow baking dish or casserole.
- Sprinkle with sakt, pepper,onion,herbs, toasted bread crumbs; dot with butter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.