This is a recipe from Muir Glen Organic Tomatoes, but I know Hunt's has a fire roasted diced tomato product out too. My DH loves this--he requests it about once a month!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- add 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- add 8 ounces ziti pasta
- add 2 garlic cloves
- add 1 cup chopped sweet onions
- add cooking spray
- add 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- add 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- add 1 medium zucchini
- add 1/2 lb extra lean ground beef
- Heat oven to 375.
- Spray 2 quart rectangular glass baking dish.
- In a 10 inch non stick skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat, stirring frequently,until cooked.Add zucchini, cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper. Heat to boiling.
- Toss with pasta. Spread in dish. Cover with foil; bake 20 minutes.Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake uncovered, about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.