This is light, airy and delicately textured. This recipe is from my grandmom's recipe box and is cut from a cardboard box...don't know from what product though...no brand names mentioned :)
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3 teaspoons baking powder
- add 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- add 2 cups flour
- add 1 cup egg whites (6 to 8)
- add 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- add 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1/2 cup egg yolks (6 to 8)
- add 1 1/2 cups sugar
- add 1/2 cup oil
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Make a well in dry ingredients and add oil, egg yolks, bananas and lemon juice.
- Beat until smooth.
- Add cream of tartar to egg whites in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat until stiff peaks form, do not underbeat.
- Gradually and gently fold banana mixture into stiff whites until just blended, do not stir!
- Pour into an ungreased 10 inch tube pan and bake 40- 50 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean and dry.
- When cake is completely cool, remove from pan.