This double-strength banana dessert beats a banana split halfway to Dakar! Served with an excellent demitasse, it is a delicious and sophisticated dessert. Posted for ZWT 2006.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 teaspoon chopped candied fruit (as angelica or red cherries)
- add 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts
- add 8 whole bananas
- add 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- add 1 pint heavy cream
- add 4 bananas
- add 1/2 cup sugar
- add 1 teaspoon black raisins
- In a blender, beat mashed bananas, cream and sugar until frothy.
- Pour into freezer trays and freeze for 1 to 2 hours until partially firm.
- Cut 8 bananas in half lengthwise and then in half across.
- Place 4 pieces in a row side by side on a dessert plate.
- Spread the frozen bananas uniformly over the fresh bananas.
- Sprinkle with toppings.
- Serve immediately.