Servs: 8 Prep: Cook:
there is nothing better than a healthy colorful dish for your family & friends. so, i have put together this easy & tasty recipe & hope you can enjoy it as much as I did first time creating it .
- add Ingredients
- add 1 cup uncooked barley is about 3 cups cooked barley
- add 2 cups frozen thawed corn or can,
- add 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- add 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- add 3 green onions, chopped
- add 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- add 1 table spoon fresh minced basil
- add 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- add 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- add !/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- add 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- add .2 table spoon liquid saffron
- soak barley for 3 days, then boil for at least 30-40 min to tender. add cold water & drain..
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- then In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the lemon juice, oil, balsamic vinegar, saffron,salt, thyme and pepper; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 6-10 servings.