This is kind of like a hush puppy with the fish inside of it!I got this from a Walmart card! The recipe calls for hushpuppy mix, but the computer won't let me say it, so I have put biscuit mix.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 1/2 lbs grouper fillet
- add 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- add 2 cups vegetable oil
- add 3/4 cup milk
- add 1/4 teaspoon red peppers
- add 1 cup mayonnaise
- add 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- add 1 (8 ounce) package biscuit mix (hushpuppy mix)
- add 2 tablespoons green onions
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 1 tablespoon jalapeno peppers
- Stir together the mayonnaise, green onions, jalapenos, hot sauce, lemon juice, salt and red pepper in a medium bowl. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Stir together hushpuppy mix and milk in a medium bowl.
- Pour oil into a large deep skillet to a depth of 1/2". Heat oil to 350*F. Dredge fish in flour then in hushpuppy mix.
- Place fish in oil and fry in batches 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden. Serve with sauce. Enjoy!