A quick and simple dish. Serves 4 but can be multiplied to feed a crowd. Garnish or dip with guacamole, sour cream or salsa.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 tablespoons fresh coriander or fresh parsley
- add 8-12 tortillas
- add 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- add 1/4 cup olive oil
- add 1 cup tomato juice
- add 1 (14 ounce) can red beans
- add 1 cup vegetable stock
- add 1 onion
- add 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- add 1 red cayenne pepper
- add 1 tomato
- add 4 large potatoes
- add 2 garlic cloves
- add 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- In a saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat and saute the onion, garlic, hot pepper and cumin for 2 minutes.Add the vegetable stock and tomato juice,and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch with a bit of cold water and add to the sauce while stirring.Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the tomato, beans, potatoes, coriander and cheese.Divide this mixture among the tortillas, cover with a large tablespoon of the sauce and roll up.Place the enchiladas in a lightly oiled rectangular ovenproof dish.
- Cover the enchiladas with the remainder of the sauce and cook in the oven at 350 F for 15-20 minutes.Serve immediately accompanied with your favourite garnish or dip.