Servs: 10 Makes: 10 Bars Prep: Cook:
Young children need to be fed often to meet their unique energy and nutrient requirements for growth and development. Nutritious snacks should be scheduled throughout the day including at bedtime for some children. Children who go to bed hungry do not sleep well. Providing children with a nutritious small snack at bedtime can be an important part of their bed time routine supporting quality rest.
- add 3/4 cup Baking Mix
- add 2 cups Oats, Instant
- add 1/2 cup Nut Butter (Peanut or Soy)
- add 3/4 cup Cinnamon Applesauce (unsweetened)
- add 1/4 cup Honey
- add 1/2 cup Raisins
- add 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350? F. Line or lightly grease 9x9 inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together baking mix and oatmeal until well blended; In small bowl stir together nut butter, applesauce and honey until well blended; Add to baking and oatmeal mix. Stir until well combined. Add raisins and chocolate chips. Mix until well blended.
- Press dough into prepared baking pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool about 20 minutes. Cut into bars.