If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- add 1 medium onion
- add 1 cup refried beans
- add 3/4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- add Crisco cooking oil (for frying)
- add 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- add 2 tablespoons Crisco cooking oil
- add 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- add 1 lb ground beef
- add 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- add 1/3 cup salsa
- add 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- add 2 garlic cloves
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- add 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- Place ground beef in medium skillet. Brown over medium-high heat. Drain. Remove beef from skillet; set aside.
- Place 2 tablespoons Crisco Oil in medium skillet. Add onion and garlic. Sauté over moderate heat until onion is tender. Stir in ground beef, tomatoes, salsa sauce, chili powder, coriander, thyme, salt, cayenne and cumin. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, 10 to 15 minutes, or until mixture is thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in refried beans.
- Heat 2 inches Crisco Oil in deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375ºF. Meanwhile, place 1/2 cup beef mixture in center of each tortilla. Fold opposite sides of tortilla to center over beef mixture. Fold ends toward center; secure with wooden pick. Fry 1 or 2 chimichangas at a time 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle top of each chimichanga with 2 tablespoons Monterey Jack cheese. Serve immediately with salsa sauce, if desired.
- Makes 6 Servings.