Hearty, tender beef in a red wine sauce. Serve with a loaf of crusty bread! In Memory of our Julia Child.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 lb peeled baby onions
- add 1 bay leaf
- add 1 onion
- add 3 cloves garlic
- add 1 red pepper
- add 2 cups red wine
- add 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- add 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- add 1 lb button mushrooms (Cleaned left whole)
- add 4 tablespoons butter
- add 2 lbs cubed stew meat
- add 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- add 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- add 4 carrots
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt and ground black pepper.
- Coat the beef cubes with this mixture.
- Melt the butter in cast iron pot over medium high heat.
- Add the meat and brown well on all sides.
- Add the onion, carrots, mushrooms, red pepper, and garlic to it.
- Saute for 5 to 10 minutes, or until onion is tender.
- add the wine, bay leaf, parsley,and thyme.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove cover and bake for 30 more minutes.
- If needed add more wine,chicken broth, or water.