This has a very interesting taste, it suited us just great.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 cup beef broth
- add 1/2 cup butter
- add 1 egg
- add 1 red bell pepper
- add 1/2 teaspoon liquid hot pepper sauce
- add 1/4 cup onions
- add 1/4 cup raisins
- add 2 tablespoons brandy
- add 1 lb sirloin steaks
- add 1/4 cup mushrooms
- add 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- add 2 tomatoes
- add 1/4 cup black olives
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 1 tablespoon flour
- add 7 ounces edam cheese
- add 1/2 cup green bell peppers
- add 1/2 teaspoon chili sauce
- add 1/4 cup sweet pickles
- add 1/2 teaspoon ketchup
- add 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- In a skillet, cook chopped onions in butter over medium heat until golden.
- Add thinly sliced sirloin steak, chopped tomatoes, chopped red bell pepper, and sliced green bell pepper.
- Cook, stirring, over medium heat, until the vegetable are soft.
- Add chopped hard-boiled egg, raisins, sliced black olives, chopped sweet pickles, and sliced mushrooms.
- Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add brandy, and for dramatic effect, ignite.
- Shake the skillet gently until the flames go out.
- Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Stir in beef broth, chili powder, chili sauce, ketchup, liquid hot pepper sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Line the sides of a 9-inch baking dish with part of sliced edam cheese.
- Pour the beef mixture into the casserole; cover with the remaining edam cheese.
- Place in a large pan of water to 1" deep, and cover the baking dish.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes.