I love the chimichangas at a local Mexican restaurant and this is my attempt to duplicate them. They really turned out good and the whole family loved them!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add salsa
- add 1/4 cup chili powder
- add 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- add 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- add 2 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- add sour cream
- add 1/4 cup butter
- add 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- add guacamole
- add 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- add 1/2 cup mexican processed cheese sauce
- In small saucepan, bring broth, vinegar, chili powder and cumin to a boil.Reduce heat; simmer and stir for 2 minutes.Set aside.
- Place beef roast in slow cooker set on low.Pour broth mixture over roast; cook for 6 to 8 hours.Shred beef.
- Preheat oven to 5oo degrees.
- Brush both sides of each tortilla with melted butter.With slotted spoon, fill center third of each tortilla with shredded beef; fold sides up over filling and secure with toothpick, leaving ends open.Place chimichangas folded side up in 9 x 13 inch baking pan (to avoid crowding chimichangas, you may want to use two baking pans).
- Bake in preheated oven for 7-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drizzle white cheese dip over chimichangas; serve with salsa, sour cream and guacamole, if desired.
Recipe Reviews 1 reviews