I wanted to make egg rolls for a gathering and I've never made egg rolls before...so I just added a little bit of this and little bit of that...and they came out pretty good!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 head green cabbage
- add 3 green onions
- add 1 (14 ounce) package spring roll wrappers
- add 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- add 1 teaspoon sambal oelek chili paste
- add 1 lb lean ground beef
- add 3 garlic cloves
- add water or beaten eggs
- add 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- add 2 tablespoons olive oil or canola oil
- add 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- add 2 medium carrots
- add 1/2 cup frying oil
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1 medium onion
- add 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat oil in pan.
- Add chopped onion, cook until translucent.
- Add ground beef, let brown for 1-2 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sambal and allow to cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Add cabbage and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Add carrots and keep cooking until all liquid dries up.
- Add green onions and lemon juice. Stir in and turn off heat after a minute.
- Allow the filling to cool a little bit and use a little more than a tablespoon of filling for each spring roll.
- Follow the package directions on rolling the egg rolls.
- "Seal" the wrapper by brushing with water or beaten egg.
- Fry until golden brown.