My husband likes Mexican food so I try to make him the occasion Mexican dish. This recipe, courtesy of Homemakers Magazine, is a great way to use up leftover roast beef. Also, it's not too spicy so children would enjoy too.
- add 1 1/2 cups taco sauce
- add 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- add 1 sweet green pepper
- add 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- add 1 sweet red pepper or yellow pepper
- add 1/2 cup sour cream
- add 1 clove garlic
- add 1 teaspoon cumin
- add 6 7-inch flour tortillas
- add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- add pepper
- add 2 cups cubed cooked roast beef
- add 1 onion
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat; cook the onion, peppers and garlic for about 3 minutes or until the onion is softened and the peppers are tender-crisp.
- Remove from heat; stir in the roast beef, 1/2 cup of the taco sauce, cumin, and pepper to taste.
- Spoon about 3/4 cup of the meat mixture down the centre of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle with 1 tbsp.
- of the cheese.
- Fold the tortilla over the filling, overlapping the edges slightly.
- Arrange, seam side down, in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- Spoon the remaining taco sauce over the tortillas; spoon the sour cream down the centre.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for about 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with green onions.