Meat and potatoes -- just "different." I love this dish so much. I haven't made it in ages but now that I'm posting it I think I'll have to make it again soon. So delicious!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- add 2 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- add 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- add 3/4 cup whole milk
- add 1 large onion
- add 2 tablespoons oil
- add 3/4 cup frozen peas
- add 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- add 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- add 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- add 1 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- add 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- add 1 lb potatoes
- add 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- add 3 cloves fresh garlic
- In large deep frying pan, heat oil over moderate heat.
- Add onion and cook about 3 minutes.
- Sitre in garlic and ginger and cook 1 more minute.
- Add beef and cook until no longer pink.
- Drain fat (if desired).
- Add coriander, cumin, pepper, turmeric, cinnamon and 1 tsp of the salt.
- Cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- Stir in potatoes, yogurt/sour cream and milk.
- Bring to barely a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer 5 minutes more.
- Stir in frozen peas and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Simmer about 2 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice and cilantro.