This great shredded beef dish gets nicely tender from the long cooking and makes a great filling for tacos, burritos, enchiladas, and chimis. Cooks easily in your crockpot.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 large onion
- add 1 teaspoon seasoned adobo seasoning (note that this Latino seasoning is made with salt, cumin and garlic and is not the Phillipine versio) or salt
- add 6-8 peppercorns
- add 1 cup salsa
- add 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- add 2 beef bouillon cubes
- add 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- add 1 1/2 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- Place beef in crockpot.
- Cover roast with remaining ingredients except salsa.
- Cover crockpot and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until roast is tender and can be pulled with a fork.
- Remove the beef from the crockpot and set the cooking liquid aside.
- Using two forks, shred beef.
- Mix beef with salsa, and if you like it a little moister, add some of the cooking liquid to the meat.
- Adjust the seasoning and add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Use as a filling for tacos, burritos, enchiladas, chimis, etc.