Found this recipe on RecipeRewards and am Posting it for ZWT II 2006 Mexico. I have not tried this yet, but sure sounds good. This looks as if it could make a great dish for pot lucks, or OMAC's.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add fresh cilantro leaves
- add 1 cup all-purpose flour
- add 2 cups monterey jack cheese or cheddar cheese
- add 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- add 3 tablespoons sugar
- add 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- add 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- add 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- add 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- add 1 egg
- add 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- add 1 medium onion
- add 1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- add 1 1/4 cups salsa, medium-hot (or to taste)
- add 3 tablespoons butter
- add 2/3 cup milk
- add 2 teaspoons baking powder
- add 2 garlic cloves
- add sour cream (optional)
- add 1 green bell pepper
- add 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- add chili peppers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.Spray 11"x7" baking dish with nontick cooking spray.Brown beef with onion, bell pepper and garlic in large deep skillet or dutch oven over medium heat.Drain fat.Stir in corn, salsa, cocoa, cumin, 1 tsp salt, oregano and cinnamon.Bring to a boil.Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer uncovered 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.Remove from heat; stir in cheese and cilantro.Spread into prepared dish.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and remaining 1/2 tsp salt in large bowl.Add milk, butter and egg; stir just until dry ingredients are moistend.Drop by spoonfuls evenly over meat mixture; spread batter evenly with spatula.
- Bake 15 minutes.Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake 20 minutes or until topping is light brown and filling is bubbly.Let stand 5 minutes before serving.Garnish with cilantro, chile pepper and sour cream.