I found this in a magazine loaned to me by my neighbour. I just happen to have some skirt steak (which the recipe asks for) in my freezer, so will try this soon.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 onion
- add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- add 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- add 2 lbs steak
- add 1 (2 ounce) packet rendang curry paste
- add 2 tablespoons soy sauce (ketcap manis suggested)
- add 1 (400 ml) can coconut milk
- Heat 2 teaspoons the oil in a deep non-stick pan over high heat.
- Add a quarter of the steak and cook for 3 minutes or until browned.
- Remove to a plate and repeat this 3 times with the remaining steak and oil.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook for 2 minutes or until just tender.
- Add the curry paste and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Stir in the coconut milk and return the meat to the pan.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and cook uncovered for 1 1/4 hours or until tender.
- Add the coconut and ketcap manis and cook, stirring for a further 15 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated.
- Serve with rice.