A dish that isn't to difficult to prepare but is great for company.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 1/2 lbs thinly sliced round steaks
- add 1 can campbelss beefy mushrooms or condensed golden mushroom soup
- add 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- add 3 slices bacon
- add 3 medium dill pickles
- add 1/2 cup celery
- add 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- add 1/2 cup parsnips
- add 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- add 3 carrots
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove and crumble.
- Cut meat into 6 pieces 6 x 4 inches.
- Pound meat.
- Spread each piece of meat with 1 teaspoon mustard.
- Place 2 pieces of pickle and 4 pieces of carrot accross the narrow end; sprinkle with 2 teaspoons onion.
- Starting at narrow end; roll up.
- Tuck in ends; fasten with toothpicks.
- Brown roll-ups in drippings; pour off fat.
- Stir in soup, clelery, parsnips and parsley.
- Cover, cook over low heat 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Thin with water if desired.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or rice.
- Garnish with bacon.