Beef Steak (Bistek) Recipe
Filed Under: indonesian food ( senang makan )
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add INGREDIENTS:
- add 1 1/2- 2 lbs beef sirloin (thinly sliced)
- add 1 big onion (cut into rings)
- add cooking oil
- add 2 cups water
- add 1/2 cup soy sauce
- add 2 tbsp calamansi juice or 3 tbsp lemon juice
- HOW TO COOK BEEF STEAK:
- In a pan or wok, marinate meat in soy sauce & 2 tbsp calamansi or lemon juice for at least an hour.
- Add water to the meat marinade. Make sure all of the meat are flat or straighten out. (if not it will curl and will be hard to fry later).
- Bring the meat to a boil removing scum as it gathers and simmer for 30 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Remove the meat from the pan. (Reserve the liquid from the wok where you boiled the meat).
- Pan fry all the meat & onion rings.
- Simmer the fried meat with the reserved liquid for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the onion rings. Add more calamansi or lemon juice as needed.
- Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve with hot rice. Enjoy!