I have made this for years, my oldest used to call it beef strong enuf:) she still loves it, the gravy is fantastic. I serve this over cooked egg noodles. Updating to day I have been adding 1 tbsp fresh tarragon lately, optional.
- add 4 tablespoons flour
- add 4 tablespoons butter
- add salt and pepper
- add 1 lb mushrooms
- add 2 tablespoons white wine
- add 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- add 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- add 1 cup sour cream
- add 2 lbs top round steaks
- add 3 scallions
- In skillet, melt butter; add steak, salt & pepper; saute in batches until browned; remove and set aside.
- Add scallions to the pan, saute.
- Add flour and stir.
- Addmustard, broth, and wine; stir and bring to simmer.
- Addscallions and beef back to pan; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir and simmer for 20 minutes; add mushrooms and continue to cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Uncover and add sour cream.
- Simmer uncovered, stirring until well blended. serve over noodles.