This versatile Southwestern ?Style Sauce, with its zesty blend of black peppercorns and Creole mustard is a perfect match for beef tenderloin. Serve with Tarragon Green Beans and Jalapeno Jack Polenta for a perfect meal.
- add 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 3 tablespoons creole mustard
- add 1 1/2 tablespoons jalapenos
- add 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- add 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- add 2 garlic cloves
- add 3 tablespoons real maple syrup
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 2 tablespoons olive oil
- add 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- add 2 3/4 teaspoons dried cilantro, Chopped or 2 1/2 teaspoons fresh cilantro
- add 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- add 3 tablespoons shallots
- add 2 cups chicken broth
- add 3 lbs beef tenderloin
- Trim the beef and cut into eight ½-inch thick medallions, about 6 ounces each.
- Season the medallions with Salt and Pepper and brush with Olive Oil; Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Heat ½ Tablespoon of the Oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Sauté the Garlic and Shallots until aromatic, 1-2 minutes; add Tomato Paste and cook until slightly browned, about 2 minutes; add the Mustard, Black Peppercorns, Chicken Broth, Maple Syrup, Vinegar, Salt and Pepper; Simmer until mixture reduces to a sauce consistency, about 10 minutes.
- Heat the Oil in a skillet on medium-high heat; sauté the medallions to the desired doneness, 1 ½ minutes for the first side and approximately 1 minute for the second side for medium.
- Finish the sauce with the Cilantro and serve over the Tenderloin.
- Garnish with the Jalapeno.