My dad gave me the basics for this recipe. You can use whatever kind of beer you like. Just don't leave it out. The beer is what tenderizes the meat.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 (16-24 ounce) can beer
- add 1 (8 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce (I prefer KC Masterpiece. I've had excellent results with either Original or Honey Barbecue flavors.)
- add seasoning salt (I prefer McCormick)
- add pepper
- add 1 large onion
- add 1 beef brisket
- add garlic powder
- Heat oven to 225 degrees.
- Tear off a sheet of heavy-duty foil twice the length of roasting pan (a disposable pan works well).
- Line the roasting pan with the foil, centered, folding the sides and ends up.
- Place the brisket in the center of the foil.
- Sprinkle a liberal amount of garlic powder, pepper, and seasoned salt over the brisket.
- Scatter the onion chunks over the brisket.
- Pour beer over all, making sure that everything is contained within the foil.
- Seal foil. Fold the sides up first, then the top. Place in 225 degree oven for about 8 hours.
- Remove from oven, but do not turn oven off. Open foil. Pour off & discard beer. Discard onions if desired.
- Pour barbecue sauce over top of brisket.
- Reseal. Return to oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove roasting pan from oven. Allow brisket to rest for 15-20 minutes before slicing.