Servs: 5 Prep: Cook:
Found this recipe in a cookbook. I changed it from chicken thighs to chicken breasts and added my own guacamole recipe.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add Marinade:
- add 1 cup dark mexican beer (or dark beer if you can't find it), like Negra Modelo
- add 2 tbs dark sesame oil
- add 1 tbs finely chopped garlic
- add 1 tsp dried oregano
- add 1 tsp kosher salt
- add 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- add 1/4 tsp ground cayenne
- add 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- add Guacamole
- add 2 ripe avocados
- add 1 tbs fresh lime juice
- add 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- add 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- add half a tomato diced (a whole if you like, depending on taste)
- add 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- add 6 flour or corn tortillas
- Marinade: Mix marinade ingredients together. Place chicken breasts in plastic resealable bag and pour marinade over. Press air out of bag and seal tightly. Refrigerate 2 to 4 hours.
- Guacamole: Scoop avocado flesh into bowl. Add rest of the ingredients. Mash together with a fork. Cover with plastic wrap, placing the wrap directly on top of the guacamole to prevent air from browning. Refrigerate. Remove from fridge one hour before serving.
- Grill chicken over direct heat until firm, 8 to ten min. Cut chicken into thin strips.
- Warm tortillas over direct medium heat about 1 min turning once. Serve with tortillas and guacamole.