These are tasty tid bits to serve with cocktails or just as an appetizer. I usually make them every Christmas and freeze them to have on hand for company. This is not my original recipe and I can't remember where I got it but I'm glad I did find it!
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh-pressed garlic
- add 3 small hot green chili peppers or red chili peppers
- add 1 package wonton wrappers
- add 1 lb fresh crab (or artificial crab)
- add 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- add 2 limes
- add 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- add 1 (250 g) package cream cheese
- add 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- add 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 1 inch fresh ginger
- add 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- Combine all the ingredients (except Wonton Wraps).
- Place a small amount of filling in the centre of each wrap (about a tsp).
- Fold one corner of each square across to the opposite corner, making a triangle.
- Use a little water on the end of your finger to seal.
- Bring the two side points of the triangle up together to meet in front leaving the third tip in place.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in 425 degree oven (220C degrees) for about 20 min or until they are puffed and golden.
- The Crab bits may now be frozen and stored until you want to use them and then just heat them in a 350 degree oven for about 10 min and serve.
- You may also freeze them before you bake them (this is what I like to do) thaw unbaked wontons before baking.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for about 20 min utes.