My husband Paul loves barbecue flavors. We had a bean dish similar to this at a potluck and he played around with it until he got it just right.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 4 slices bacon, chopped
- add 1 lb. ground beef
- add 1 sweet Walla Walla or Vadalia onion, chopped
- add 2 Tbs. each regular sugar and brown sugar
- add 1 tsp. chili powder
- add 1/4 cup each catsup and your favorite barbecue sauce
- add 2 tsp. yellow mustard
- add 1 large can pork and beans (or 2 regular cans-15 oz.)
- add 1 15 oz. can pinto beans
- add Salt and Pepper to taste
- add Beef broth - to thin recipe if needed. We used about 2 Tbs.
- Cook bacon 5 minutes on medium-high in large frying pan, add ground beef and cook another 6-8 minutes, then add the onions, turn down to med-low and cook until onions are tender.
- Add rest of ingredients except the broth as you may not need it.
- Cook and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour all into an oil sprayed casserole dish, cover with foil and bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Can make ahead a day or two and then bake off when ready to serve.