I'm a country girl! And sometimes it seems like the garden just 'turned' into a cucumber. We had so many, it was crazy! We love home made pickles, so this recipe is easy and they're very good.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 4 quarts rinsed, cleaned and sliced fresh cucumbers
- add 6 medium onions
- add 3 cloves garlic
- add 1 1/2 tsp tumeric
- add 1 1/2 tsp celery seed
- add 2 Tbls mustard seed
- add 3 cups white vinegar
- add 5 cups sugar
- add 1/3 cup salt
- Slice cucumbers and onions and add to a gallon sized sealable container. Add garlic and salt.
- Combine sugar, vinegar, tumeric, celery seed and mustard seed in a medium sauce pan. Bring to a simmer just till the sugar is dissolved.
- Let it cool!
- Pour it over the cucumbers.
- Store in the fridge overnight. On the next day, turn the container over several times to stir up contents.
- Best to wait to eat after 2nd day.