I have NEVER tasted a poundcake as light and delicious as this one. This recipe is from a lady in a rural town in Alabama. She is the best cook! You will not be sorry if you make this one. Please try it and rate it. I feel confident you will like it!
- add 3 cups sugar
- add 3 cups sifted flour
- add 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- add 6 eggs
- add 1 cup butter
- add 2 teaspoons vanilla
- add 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs on at a time and beat well.
- Add sifted flour and baking soda alternating with sour cream.
- Add Vanilla.
- Place in greased and floured pan.
- Bake at 300 for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until done.