Servs: 2 Makes: 1 Prep: Cook:
We were super hungry after our workout, so we made big veggie breakfast burritos with leftover coconut curry sauce and vegetables from dinner the night before. I love cooking with friends! Here?s the recipe for the breakfast burritos. I encourage you to get creative with any leftover sauces you have (like our curry sauce) or just use hot sauce to kick up the flavor.
- add 2 tortillas (whole wheat if you have them)
- add 2 tbsp. sauce (such as curry, tomato, or hot sauce)
- add 4 eggs
- add 1 big handful fresh spinach
- add 1/2 cup green bell pepper
- add 1 plum tomato
- add 1/2 cup yellow onion
- add 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- add Salt & pepper
- Chop up the bell pepper and onion and put them in a deep saut? pan with the olive oil over medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the peppers and onions begin to soften. Crack open the eggs in a bowl, add a splash of water or milk, and whisk them together. Chop up the tomatoes and add them to the saut? pan. Add in the fresh spinach and eggs. Continue to stir frequently with a spatula until the spinach reduces in size and the eggs finish scrambling. Meanwhile, warm up the tortillas and spread a tablespoon on sauce on each one. Add the eggs and vegetables on top. Sprinkle on a little cheese if you like. Add a dash of salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
- Tip: To make this burrito vegan, swap out the eggs for half a block of firm tofu. Crumble up the tofu and drain off excess liquid with paper towels before tossing it in the pan. For extra flavor, try adding nutritional yeast and cumin to season the tofu crumbles.