I wanted a meat sauce without carrots or celery in it--just good meaty tastiness. So, I came up with this one. It was rich and hearty, without those pesky vegetables getting in the way. Fiber, indeed!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- add 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- add 1 medium onion
- add 1 large tomato
- add 2 medium bay leaves
- add 1/4 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- add 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- add 3 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- add 2 tablespoons butter
- add 2 cloves garlic
- add 1 teaspoon dried basil
- add 2 teaspoons molasses
- add 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- add 4 ounces mushrooms
- add 1 1/2 lbs ground beef or ground turkey
- add 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- add 1 tablespoon olive oil
- add 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Saute tomato, mushrooms, garlic, onion in the butter, olive oil and molasses, until soft.
- Place this mixture into a crockpot.
- Brown the beef in a non-stick pan until no longer pink, and drain.
- Pour on top of onion mixture in crockpot.
- Pour tomato sauce into crockpot.
- Add spices, bay leaves and cheese, and stir to mix evenly.
- Slow-cook on low for 2-3 hours, stirring twice, or alternately, cook over very low heat on stovetop, stirring occasionally so that the cheese doesn't burn.
- Serve over thick pasta.