If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 6 eggs
- add 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- add 4 teaspoons milk
- add 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- add 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- add 1/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
- add 2 large onions
- add 1/3 cup cashews
- add 1 onion
- add 2 hot green chili peppers
- add 1/3 cup almonds
- add 8 large tomatoes
- add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- add 8 whole peppercorns
- add 3 lbs boneless chicken
- add 2 cups plain yogurt
- add 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- add 8 cloves garlic
- add 1/2 teaspoon cardamom seeds
- add 1 tablespoon saffron
- add 1/3 cup raisins
- add 1 tablespoon ghee
- add salt
- add 1/2 cup cilantro or mint leaves
- add 2 cups basmati rice or long-grain rice
- add 1/4 teaspoon mace
- Soak saffron in warm milk for 5 minutes and puree in blender.
- Add chiles, onions, ginger, garlic, cloves, peppercorns, cardamom seeds, cinnamon, coriander and cumin seeds, poppy seeds, nutmeg, mace, cilantro or mint leaves and lemon juice. Blend into smooth paste. Put paste into large bowl, add yogurt and mix well.
- Marinate chicken in yogurt mixture with salt, covered for at least 2 - 6 hours in refrigerator.
- In skillet. heat oil over medium heat for 1 minute. Add ghee and 15 seconds later add onion and fry for about8 minutes.
- Reserve for garnish.
- In same skillet, cook chicken with its marinade with tomatoes for about 10 minutes over medium heat, uncovered.
- Remove chicken pieces from the sauce and set aside. Add rice to sauce, bring to boil, and cook, covered over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Return chicken and add raisins, cashews and almonds; mix well.
- Simmer, covered for 5 minutes.
- Place chicken, eggs and rice in large serving dish in such a way that yellow of the eggs, the saffron-colored rice, the nuts and the chicken make a colorful display.
- Add reserved onion as garnish.