have not tried these yet..but can't wait till the holiday season
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 teaspoons water
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- add 1 cup sugar
- add 1/4 cup Crisco
- add 2 cups flour
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 1 large egg white
- add 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- add 1 large egg
- add 1/2 cup butter
- in large bowl, beat crisco, butter, sugar, vanilla and stir till light and fluffy --
- beat in egg, stir in flour, 1/2 cup at a time.mix well.
- Divide dough in half, blend melted chocolate into other 1/2 of dough.
- wrap each in plastic wrap and chill for about 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- beat egg white with water and set aside.
- on lightly floured board, roll white dough into a rectangle 1/2" thick.cut into 9 strips -- 1/2" wide.
- repeat with chocolate dough --
- to make checkerboards -- place three strips side by side, touching on a large piece of plastic wrap.brush tops with egg white.cread a third layer, alternating colors.
- press sides and top to make one smooth log --
- fold excess plastic wrap to seal.
- repeat and make second log --
- refrigerate overnight.
- preheat oven to 325* -- lightly grease sheet.
- remove one log at a time and cut into 1/4" slices.arrange on sheet 1" apart.
- bake 12 minutes.remove to rack to cool completely -- .