Refreshing!Light!Great way to use that last cob of grilled corn.Gives the dish a light smokey flavor.Good for picnics, camping,& pot luck. Makes a good side as well as a meal. Using it as a relish to top grilled salmon or tuna. Try dipping tortilla chips into it.
- add 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- add 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- add 2 jalapenos
- add 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- add 1/3 cup olive oil
- add 1 cup grilled fresh corn kernels or 1 can corn
- add 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- add 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- add 3/4 cup red onions
- add 1/2 cup tomatoes
- add 1 clove garlic
- add 1/4 cup fresh cilantro or parsley or basil, finely chopped (I like to mix all three)
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- add 1/2 cup sweet red peppers
- In a large bowl, combine salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Pour over the bean mixture and toss until all ingredients are coated.